Ham and Egg Fried Rice with Sweet Peas is an easy fried rice recipe to make with leftover white rice and ham. The eggs and sweet peas make it look and taste better. This is good for lunch along with some sweet and sour pork. It also works for fried dishes.
I usually have fried rice with a bowl of egg drop soup on the side and a serving of Chinese pork Asado. I really enjoyed the combination of dishes and made it my regular order in the restaurant where we usually dine-in.
There were times wherein I cannot think of anything to eat Ham and Egg Fried Rice with Sweet Peas with (maybe because this is a meal in itself), so I just eat it as it is. Sometimes I like to add a little bit of ketchup on the rice.
By the way, it is best if you use frozen green peas instead of the ones in can. It is easier to toss the peas while frozen and it does not turn into a mash easily no matter how many times you toss and stir-fry the rice.
Try this Ham and Egg Fried Rice. Enjoy!
Ham and Egg Fried Rice with Sweet Peas
- 4 cups leftover white rice
- 1/2 lb ham chopped
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1 cup peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Chop the ham into small pieces. Set aside.
- Crack eggs in a bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pot or pan. Pour-in beaten egg mixture. Cook both sides until done. Remove from the pot and chop into pieces. Set aside.
- Pour remaining oil on the same pot. Add the ham. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add leftover rice. Toss until well blended. Continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Put the peas into the pot. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Share and enjoy!
The recipes are easy to follow and prepare and nutritious as well
Vanjo Merano says
Thank you for the feedback.
I will try this recipe:)
Vanjo Merano says
Welly -- thanks for considering this recipe. Let me know the result, will you?