Pork and Scallion Stir Fry is a quick and easy pork stir fry dish that can be enjoyed for lunch. It takes less than 25 minutes to prepare and it is tasty and delicious. This dish can get you to ditch your plan to go and grab something from the Chinese takeout because this is as good (or can even be better), costs less, and was cooked by no other than yourself. It is something that you can be proud of – I am.
The key to a successful pork stir fry is with the quality of pork that you will use. Try to use tender cuts such as pork tenderloin. You can also use pork shoulders so that there will be a little amount of fat in there; it helps keep the meat moist.
Make sure that the meat is thinly sliced. This will make it quicker to cook. I used light soy sauce for this recipe. You may use regular soy sauce if you want this to be a bit salty. The amount of ground black pepper depends on you. Feel free to use less if you are not a big fan of it.
This dish is best served over warm rice. I usually arrange everything in a small bowl so that I can carry it around. Happy cooking!
Try this Pork and Scallion Stir Fry Recipe and let me know what you think.
Watch the Video on How to Cook Pork and Scallion Stir Fry
Pork and Scallion Stir Fry Recipe
- ½ lb. pork sliced into thin pieces
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 bunch scallion chopped
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine pork, soy sauce, ground black pepper, and cornstarch in a bowl. Mix well. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the ginger once the oil gets hot. Stir fry for 20 seconds.
- Add the pork mixture. Continue to stir-fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until the pork turns medium brown.
- Stir-in the scallions. Cook for 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with a cup of rice.
- Share and enjoy!
what is the substitute for light soy sauce? thanks
Vanjo Merano says
You may use regular soy sauce if the light variety is not available.