I am sharing with you my quick and easy Classic Macaroni Salad Recipe. This is the same vegetarian macaroni salad that I have been making for as far as I can remember. It is simple, easy to make, and delicious.
The major ingredients for this salad version are vegetables. We have fresh onion, carrot, celery, and bell peppers in this dish. All of these ingredients share the same properties. These are all fresh, nutritious, and crisp. Speaking about being crisp, you can see the evidence on the video below. There is a part where I was doing my taste test. You’ll be the judge.
The flavors in this classic macaroni salad version are derived from seasonings such as mustard powder, salt, ground black pepper, and vinegar. My Lady’s Choice mayonnaise helps make the salad richer and creamier. Sugar is also used to add sweetness to the salad. The overall flavor is fantastic.
I am encouraging you to try this easy macaroni salad recipe. I understand how busy life can be these days. There should always be some time during the weekend to prepare this for the entire family.
Have you tried mincing vegetables yet? I covered some basic steps in the video on how to cut vegetables. This might be helpful to you if you are just starting your culinary journey.
You should also consider trying our Tuna Macaroni Salad. It is a keeper.
Try this Classic Macaroni Salad Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Classic Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced carrot
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1 medium onion minced
- 4 tablespoons distilled or white vinegar
- 2 1/4 tablespoons mustard powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 5 quarts water for boiling macaroni
- Pour water into a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons salt and then put-in the elbow macaroni. Continue to boil for 6 minutes.
- Drain the water and add cold water into the pot. Let is stay for 3 minutes and then drain. Set the macaroni aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard powder, ground black pepper, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the minced vegetables (onion, carrot, celery, and bell peppers). Fold the mixture until blended.
- Add the macaroni. Continue to fold until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Cover the bowl. Refrigerate the macaroni salad for at least 3 hours.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve cold.
- Share and enjoy!
Bing Osorio says
Like both recipes, especially the vegetarian Classic Macaroni salad.
Krista Matias says
The macaroni salad has always been the classic dessert in our family holidays and occasions. Being away from my family, I really miss those moments we are making macaroni salad for the occasion. I’m really glad I have read this blog, I will be able to taste again and savor the bond I have my family even if we are countries apart.