You asked for it. Presenting, Low-Carb Breaded Pinatisang Baboy! This is our first featured dish for my planned low-carb food series. I thought of starting with something simple and quick. Enjoy!
How to Cook Low-Carb Breaded Pinatisang Baboy
Start by slicing the pork into thin pieces. I like to slice it more into bite-sized pieces for easy consumption. Add the marinade ingredients next. These are ground black pepper, fish sauce, and lime. Mix well and the allow the meat to absorb the flavors by marinating for at least 10 minutes.
Since this is breaded, we’ll need eggs to help hold the breading. Beat 2 pieces eggs and then put the flour in a bowl. I am using a low-carb flour called Almond flour. Lay the two bowl by each other.
You can either deep-fry this or simply fry it in a pan. Start to heat the oil up.
Dredge a piece of pork in almond flour and then dip in beaten egg. Put it back to the bowl with flour and make sure to coat all the sides. Place enough breaded pork in a frying basket, and then fry until golden brown and crispy.
This is perfect when served with a dip of spicy vinegar.
Try this simple yet delicious low-carb breaded pinatisang baboy recipe. Let me know what you think.
Low-Carb Breaded Pinatisang Baboy
- 1 lb pork
- 1 piece lime
- 3 tablespoons patis
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 pieces eggs
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Slice the pork into thin pieces. Arrange in a large bowl.
- Add ground black pepper. Squeeze lime over the pork and pour patis. Mix everything together. Let it stay for 10 minutes for the meat to absorb the flavors of the seasonings.
- Heat oil in a pot or deep fryer.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Prepare almond flour by transferring to a bowl. Place the two bowls side-by-side.
- Dip sliced pork in almond flour, then on beaten eggs. Dip it again in almond flour making sure that all sides are coated. Place on a frying basket (for deep-frying), or a clean plate (for traditional frying).
- Fry pork until golden brown and crispy. Note: this should take around 4 to 6 minutes in medium heat.
- Remove from the fryer and arrange in a serving plate. Serve with a spicy vinegar dipping sauce.
Leave a Reply