Ginisang Repolyo or Sauteed Cabbage is a quick and easy vegetable recipe that you can prepare for lunch or dinner. This goes well with warm white rice.
There are several ways to prepare this dish. While this recipe makes use of pork slices. You can substitute chicken or beef for pork. You may also use shrimp, squid balls, or just plain cabbage without any meat.
This recipe is can also be applied to napa cabbage and savoy cabbage.
Try this Ginisang Repolyo Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 medium cabbage chopped
- 4 ounces pork sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Once the oil becomes hot, saute the garlic and onion.
- Put-in the pork and then cook for 5 minutes or until color turns medium brown.
- Pour-in half of the beef broth. Let boil and simmer until the liquid totally evaporate.
- Put-in the cabbage. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour-in remaining beef broth. Let boil. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Lisa Persons says
Going to make this. Approximately how much cabbage in total? Will be using a different type of cabbage.
Meann Wright says
Cooked this twice na using your recipe. One with raw pork, the other with leftover seasoned ham. I just always use one beef cube and it always comes out right. It makes a good use for leftover cabbage na hindi nagagamit after making pansit. Masarap na ulam na with kanin. Yumyum!
Rosemarie Cervantes says
You are such a big help, Vanjo ??
I personally know how to cook but your way of cooking makes things so simple and more yummy!
Here’s to more delicioso recipes ?
Thank you can we just leave the shrimp instead? Because I’m allergic for that what can I replace then?
Vanjo Merano says
Ruby, you may not use the shrimp if you have allergies.
can you make your own beef broth?
nimfa caragao says
I like this web. And enjoy watching more recipes.
I love this website!
Marilyn Juare says
Delicious and healthy.love it.
Harriet P. Madrona says
Thank you for publishing simple yet nutritious menu.
Thank you Sir Vanjo Merano… 🙂
Sir if the beef broth is not available or I mean on the spot you want to cook the same like this,.. if there is any thing can replace? Or a plane water maybe, is that suitable to use?? Your answer is highly appreciated.. 🙂
Vanjo Merano says
Jham, beef broth give more flavor to the dish. You can also use chicken or vegetable broth for this Cabbage Recipe. However, if you do not have any of these in your pantry, you may use water. Make sure to season it with salt and pepper to make your dish taste better.
Jennifer N Beltran says
I want to enjoy cooking with ur cooking book.this will help me a lot.tnx