Inihaw na Tilapia or Grilled Tilapia is one of my favorite summer time dishes. There are many ways to prepare inihaw na Tilapia, this recipe will guide you on how to make grilled or inihaw na Tilapia in the simplest way – rubbed with salt and pepper and cooked directly over the grill.
Fish such as Tilapia can be cooked directly over the grill if it has scales on. Yes, it might sound to be a little uncomfortable, but that is how it’s usually done. The reason behind it has something to do with the fish sticking on the grill. You see, the scales prevent it from happening. Don’t worry because this recipe makes use of Tilapia with scales removed. We will use a cooking spray specifically made for grilling (I use Pam cooking spray for grilling) to grease the grill. This will prevent our Tilapia from sticking. It will also be great to use a spatula (or any flat tool) to turn the fish over. Since grilled fish is always soft, using a wide and flat tool to turn the fish over (to grill the other side) will help the fish remain intact.
Inihaw na Tilapia is best eaten with a dip composed of soy sauce and calamansi — squeezed lime or lemon wedges over the fish will also do.
Try this simple Inihaw na Tilapia Recipe. Enjoy!
Inihaw na Tilapia Recipe
- 2 medium tilapia fish cleaned (scales, innards, and gills removed)
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- A dash of ground black pepper
- Cooking oil spray for grilling
- Pat the tilapia dry using a paper towel.
- Arrange the tilapia in a plate and rub salt and pepper all over the fish including its cavity.
- Spray cooking oil spray on the grill.
- Start to heat the grill.
- Grill each side of the tilapia for 10 minutes. Note: use a spatula to turn the fish over so that the sides will be intact and clean.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with lime or lemon wedges.
- Share and enjoy!
Leth Montierro says
How to make siopao and ube cake