Salmon is one of my favorite fish, whether raw or cooked. It is very flavorful and it can be prepared in many ways. I like salmon sashimi better than tuna (although tuna is better for ceviche or kinilaw, in my opinion), and I also enjoy having salmon in salads – just like baked salmon that topped over the salad. Click here to see our simple baked salmon salad recipe.
On another note, this Basic Cedar Plank Salmon Recipe is simple and very easy to prepare. I am using wild caught salmon for this since it has less mercury compared to farm raised salmon. Cedar plank is also needed for this recipe. The plank helps the salmon dish taste better and have a more appetizing aroma.
I mix all the spices and seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder) in olive oil, then rub the mixture all over the salmon fillet. You will need to wait for a few minutes until the fish absorbs the flavor before you start to grill the fish. The key is to cook the salmon just right so that the fish won’t get dry. You will know that the fish is ready if the consistency gets flaky.
Basic Cedar Plank Salmon can be enjoyed in many ways. You can dip it in lemon butter sauce, or even in toyo mansi (mixture of soy sauce and calamansi) for a more Filipino experience.
What are your favorite salmon dishes?
Try this Recipe for Basic Cedar Plank Salmon. Please let me know your thoughts by commenting.
Cedar Plank Salmon
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillet wild caught
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 piece cedar plank soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the oil in the bowl and mix with the spices.
- Rub the oil mixture all over the salmon fillet. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Heat-up the grill.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon on the cedar plank.
- Arrange the cedar plank with salmon on top of the grill. Cover the grill and continue to grill the salmon for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the salmon gets flaky.
- Remove the salmon from the grill. Arrange in a serving plate.
- Serve with lemon or calamansi.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Reply