Tired of the usual steamed crab recipes? Here is a crab recipe that you might be interested in: Stir Fried Crabs with Ginger and Scallions. This is a delicious Asian Crab recipe that you can apply to any crab variety and it only takes a few minutes to prepare.
The thing that I like about this recipe is its balance of flavors and enticing aroma. You see, Asian seasonings or any other seasoning for that matter can be overwhelming if more than enough is applied. In this case, the application of seasoning is just about right forming some sort of balance in taste.
I used fresh blue crabs for this presentation. I should emphasize that using fresh crabs is the way to go for best results. If in case you have the crabs but plan to make it later or so, steaming the crabs before freezing will definitely help.
Try this Stir Fried Crabs with Ginger and Scallions recipe and let me know what you think.
4 lbs crabs
1 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 cup scallions chopped
2 to 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
3 cups cooking oil
Watch the cooking video:
1. In a bowl, combine oyster sauce, sesame oil, salt, ground black pepper, sugar, garlic, cornstarch, and water. Mix well then set aside.
2. Pour cooking oil in a wok or frying pan then apply heat.
3. Deep-fry the crabs for 3 minutes. Remove from the wok and place in a container letting excess oil to drip.
4. On the same wok, remove cooking oil until about 2 tablespoons are left. Sauté ginger and scallions for 2 minutes.
5. Put-in the deep-fried crabs and pour the sauce mixture (mixed ingredients in number 1). Stir and cook for a minute.
6. Turn-off heat then transfer to a serving plate.
7. Share and enjoy!
Samantha J says
Tried this recipe last Saturday for lunch. My boyfriend and his friend liked it very much 8D
I tried this recipe and it was a hit to my in-laws and hubby!=) Thanks!
wow! my favorite food.