Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are delicious chocolate cookies enclosed in confectioners or powdered sugar. These delightful cookies which are baked with lots of love are good Christmas presents for friends or even a luscious Christmas dessert to share with the entire family.
How to Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment is recommended to make the task easier. The first thing to do is to prepare the chocolate mixture.
Start by melting the chocolate chips. I used electric chocolate melter. You can also use a double boiler. If both are not available, you can improvize. Boil 2 cups water in a sauce pan. Place a heat-proof bowl over the sauce pan. The top of the bowl should be wider than the sauce pan, while the diameter of the bottom part should be narrow enough so that at least half of the bowl is in the sauce pan . Make sure that the water is not touching the bowl.Put the chocolate chips in the bowl. This will slowly melt it.
Meanwhile, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well and set the mixture aside. This will be used later in the process. A stand mixer is ideal for the next step. However, you can also do this manually. Mix cocoa powder and sugar in a bowl, and then add oil, vanilla, melted chocolate, and egg. Make sure that the mixture is well blended before gradually adding the flour mixture. The cookie dough should have the texture of a modeling clay.
The dough should be cold before baking. Do this by covering the bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours. I usually do mine overnight.
Scooping the dough and molding it into balls is the next step. Roll the balls over powdered sugar until coated and arrange on a baking tray. Make sure to give enough space between the balls for expansion. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes.
Have you finalized your Noche Buena dessert menu yet? Maybe you can include this in your list along with our Crema de Fruta, Leche Flan, and Maja Blanca.
Try this Chocolate Crinkle Cookies recipe. Let me know what you think.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 pieces eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces bitter sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Melt Chocolate chip using a double boiler or chocolate melter.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl. Mix alltogether until well distributed.Continue mixing while adding oil, vanilla extract, melted chocolate chips, and eggs. Note: Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment is ideal for this task.
- Gradually add the flour mixture while mixing. Continue the process until all the ingredients are well distributed. Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Scoop a tablespoon of chocolate mixture and shape it into a ball using your hands. Roll it over the powdered sugar until completely coated. Arrange in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Perform this step until the chocolate mixture is completely consumed.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Can I use peppermint essence instead of vanilla essence? If so, How much? Thank you.
I love the recipe! Just wondering what can I substitute for the cocoa powder if I wanna make a peanut butter one.. any suggestions? I have Reese’s chips to substitute the semi-sweet choco chips but what about the cocoa powder? Thanks!
Vanjo Merano says
Angel, if you don’t have vanilla essence then that is ok. Do not use vanilla powder.
Hello kuya, mag iiba po ba yung lasa ng crinkles pag hindi sifted yung flour? What would be the worst case scenario?
hi, i tried this recipe for the first time yesterday and it turned out yummy 🙂 thanks to you kuya…and oh btw..nice new lay out on your site 😉 …more power to you..God Bless
Vanjo Merano says
Thank you, May.
thanks kuya for adding this one, i really love chocolate crinkles..now i can do it myself….thanks once again 😉
Normally po wat size po ng butter (in bar) ung 1/2cup softened. Thank u. Hope for ur swift response. Thank u nd more power..
hi pinkai pareho tayo anu kaya problema ng saten overnight ko pa sya nilagay sa ref ayaw tumigas then try ko pa din naging flat naman.. 🙁
Love this site! thanks soooooo much for the recipes. The videos really help.
makes how many?
can’t find any powdered milk here in germany! >.< is there any alternative????!! pls pls pls,.i need help,.goin to make this later! thanks in advance!
Thank you for this recipe, I made them for my Filipino husband and they turned out great, we loved them 🙂