Sautéed String Beans with Chicken is another easy dinner recipe that we have for you. This recipe involves string beans, which are locally known in the Philippines as “sitaw”. This dish resembles ginisang sitaw in some ways.
I like having Sautéed String Beans with Chicken during ordinary days. Eating this with steamed white rice works best for me. Sometimes, I like having it with a dash of fish sauce and chili flakes. Did you know that you can cook string beans in many ways? Adobong sitaw is probably the simplest. Ginataang sitaw at kalabasa, on the other hand, will make you eat more rice that you usually do.
Aside from chicken, this dish can be prepared using pork or beef slices. You can also use Shrimp and squid rings as a substitute for chicken in this recipe.
Try this Sautéed String Beans with Pork recipe. Let me know what you think.
Sautéed String Beans with Chicken
- 4 cups string beans cut about 2 1/2 inch length
- 1/4 lb. boneless chicken breast sliced into thin pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup French fried onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Sauté the garlic and onion
- Add the chicken slices. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and water. Stir and then cover the pan. Simmer until the water nearly evaporates.
- Increase the heat to high and then add the string beans. Cook while stirring for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with French fried onion.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Jane Barreiro says
This was really good! I am usually not a big fan of sitaw but this was really yummy!
ace balbarez says
i would like to ask if this recipe is good for diabetic person (person witn diabetis?)
Vanjo Merano says
Ace, this recipe is safe for people with diabetes because string beans has low starch content. However, moderate consumption is still recommended.