Chicken Giniling with Green Peas is a Filipino stew that makes use of ground chicken meat. This dish is usually made using ground pork (the dish using pork is called pork giniling), but it is a good idea to use other meat to see which is better. In this case, both chicken and pork ranked equal based on my personal judgement.
There are many reasons to use ground chicken instead of ground pork. Chicken (without the skin) is lower in fat and cholesterol. Chicken has also higher protein content.
Chicken Giniling is best served with warm white rice. It can be enjoyed either for lunch or dinner. Sometimes, I like to have it as a filling for hot pandesal.
Try this Chicken Giniling with Green Peas Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Chicken Giniling with Green Peas
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 large potato cut into small cubes
- 1 large carrot cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a wide pan.
- When the oil is hot, sauté the garlic and onion until the onion softens.
- Add the ground chicken. Cook for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce and chicken broth. Let boil.
- Add the dried bay leaves. Simmer for 35 minutes covered. Note: add water or chicken broth as needed.
- Put-in the carrots and potato. Stir and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the green peas. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and turn-off heat
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Easy to follow recipe! Thanks to panlasang pinoy, i have started to learn how to cook !