Chicken Pancit Habhab is a version of Quezon Province’s famous pancit. This dish makes use of chicken as the protein ingredient, instead of the usual pork and pork liver. Now, you can make it in the comfort of your own kitchen.
How to Cook Chicken Pancit Habhab
Cooking pancit habhab is almost the same as cooking any other pancit dishes (see this 30 ways on how to cook pancit post). The main difference has something to do with the ingredients, specifically the type of noodles used.
Start by partially cooking the vegetables. Do this by stir-frying everything all together and season with salt and ground black pepper. There are several veggie options for this dish. Here are some:
- snow pea
- snap pea
- bok choy
I usually cook the chayote (sayote) first as it takes longer to cook compared to the others. The last is always the green leafy ones such as the bok choy.
Pancit hab hab is usually prepared using pork and liver. This recipe makes use of chicken instead.
Note that the chicken was prepared in advance. I did it by boiling in 5 cups water for around 40 minutes. The chicken was cooled down afterwards and shredded. Remember to save the chicken stock. It is needed for this recipe.
Here are the meat ingredients that can be used to make this type of pancit dish:
Meat / protein ingredients:
- pork liver
- fried tofu
Once the veggies have been stir-fried, saute onion and garlic and then add shredded chicken. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes and add the seasoning. I am using Knorr Chicken SavorRich for this recipe. It does a good job in providing extra chicken flavor to the dish.
Add the chicken stock and soy sauce. Let it boil before putting the habhab noodles into the pot. Cook in low heat while gently tossing the noodles until the liquid is fully consumed. Season with ground black pepper and add back the stir-fried vegetables next.
This is usually served on a small piece of banana leaf and eaten without any utensils. Try to add a bit of vinegar before eating for best results.
Try this Chicken Pancit Habhab Recipe. Have fun cooking!
Chicken Pancit Habhab
- 1 lb. Habhab noodles
- 2 sachet Knorr SavorRich Liquid Seasoning 16 gram
- 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breast boiled and shredded
- 1 piece chayote sliced
- 20 pieces snow peas
- 3/4 cup carrots julienne
- 2 bunches baby bok choy chopped
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cups water or chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a cooking pot. Saute chayote for 2 minutes. Add carrot and saute for 30 to 40 seconds. Put the snow peas into the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add bok choy and cook for 1 minute. Remove the vegetables from the pot and place in a clean bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil on the same pot. Saute onion and garlic until onion softens.
- Add shredded chicken. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Knorr SavorRich Chicken Liquid Seasoning. Continue to cook for 1 minute or until the chicken gets completely coated.
- Pour chicken stock (this is the water used to boil the chicken breast. The amount is approximately 4 cups).
- Pour-in soy sauce. Stir. Let the liquid boil.
- Put half of the hab hab noodles into the pot. Let it cook until enough liquid is absorbed. Once the noodles starts to soften, add the remaining noodles. Continue to cook in low heat while tossing once in a while until the liquid is fully absorbed and the noodles becomes soft, but not mushy.
- Season with ground black pepper and put the stir-fried vegetables back into the pot. Toss and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Share and enjoy!
Leave a Reply