Beef Stroganoff is a dish consisting of thin slices of beef that are pan-fried and cooked with a rich sour tasting sauce. This Beef Stroganoff Recipe originally came from Russia and is sometimes called Beef Stroganov. Due to its popularity, it was adapted by different countries in which several variations sprouted.
This recipe variation that we have here uses wide egg noodles to accompany the dish. Although some methods require rice or bread, this style has been the most widely enjoyed especially in North America, Europe, and Asia.
The best thing that I really like about this Beef Stroganoff dish is its rich taste. The combination of beef, mushroom, seasonings, and the sour cream creates a harmony of flavors that gives life to your palate. There will never be a dull moment while you are eating this dish. Trust me on this.
You may also like to check our collection of beef recipes.
Try this Beef Stroganoff Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin sliced into thin strips
- 1 lb wide egg noodles cooked according to package instructions
- 10 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 12 ounces beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cups fresh mushroom sliced
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and mix well.
- Heat a cooking pot or pan then melt-in the butter.
- Pan fry the strips of beef for about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Sauté onion and mushroom in remaining butter until the texture becomes soft.
- Add-in the remaining flour and stir.
- Put-in the pan-fried beef, the condensed cream of mushroom, and the beef broth. Stir and let boil. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes. Note: add water if necessary.
- Put-in some salt and pepper to taste then stir-in the sour cream. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Arrange egg noodles on a serving plate then top with Beef Stroganoff.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Carolyn Ward says
Very tasty! I used a ribeye and some leftover NY steak. Could have used two boxes of mushrooms. Great sauce!
christian allarde says
I love this dish basta meat and pasta go great together.
im so glad i found this website. keep em coming. tnx tnx
what if i dont have sour cream anong pwdee alternate here any cream pwdee n rin b?
SYLVIA MAMONONG says
i think you can substitute yoghurt in place of a sour cream