Beef Noodle Soup has always been a favorite especially during cold weather. This Spicy Beef Noodle Soup Recipe will surely make you feel warm and comfortable — your taste buds will be happy too.
If you like beef pares or beef mami, I’m confident that you will like this Spicy Beef Noodle Soup dish. This dish is like the combination of the two dishes — only spicier. This means that this can go well with some siopao asado or siomai.
It is best if you will choose a cut of beef with marbled fat. Slices of beef with marbled fat are better consumed in soup dishes such as this, but you should make sure to control yourself by eating in moderation. As for the star anise and chili, try to lessen the amount if you cannot handle too much heat or flavor.
Try this Spicy Beef Noodle Soup Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Spicy Beef Noodle Soup
- 2 lbs sliced beef shank
- 4 ounces dried noodles Mi Trung
- 3 to 5 pieces dried Thai chili
- A bunch of baby bok choy cleaned
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 to 5 pieces star anise
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a cooking pot
- Once the oil becomes hot, sauté the garlic, ginger, and scallions for 30 seconds to a minute
- Add the beef. Cook for 3 minutes or until the color browns.
- Add the soy sauce, cooking wine, beef broth, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the star anise, sugar, and chili. Stir and simmer for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Soak the noodles in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and arrange in individual bowls.
- Add the bok choy, salt, and pepper. Stir and cover the pot. Turn the heat to off.
- Let the residual heat cook the bok choy for 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup with beef slices and vegetables on the bowls where the noodle are arranged.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Audrey Rojas says
love your recipes! they are very geuine!! Original e. Do you have a restaurant?