I was craving for a beef stir fry rice bowl, so I thought of making something out of the ingredients that I have in the fridge. I was glad to find some beef sirloin, and there was a piece of fresh bitter gourd waiting to be noticed. It did not take that long before I decided to prepare Beef in Oyster Sauce Stir Fry with Ampalaya.
Beef in Oyster Sauce Stir Fry with Ampalaya is a perfect dish with a bowl of rice. It is tasty, delicious, and easy to prepare. It will only take you less than 20 minutes to cook this dish. In order to get the best result, I recommend that you use either beef sirloin or tenderloin. Make sure that these beef cuts are sliced really thin so that it will remain tender and cook quickly. The bitter gourd, on the other hand, can be cooked after slicing or you can also reduce the bitter taste by soaking it in water with a little salt. I did the later as I have a low tolerance to bitter food (except for papaitan and beer).
This dish is perfect for a quick dinner; you can also prepare this and bring this with you to work (or school) for lunch. It can be topped over warm white rice right away. Delish!
You might want to know that I enjoyed this with some Worcestershire sauce while eating it with rice. It is absolutely perfect.
Try this Beef Stir Fry in Oyster Sauce with Ampalaya Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Watch the Beef in Oyster Sauce Stir Fry with Ampalaya Cooking Video:
Beef Stir Fry in Oyster Sauce with Ampalaya
- 1/2 lb beef sirloin sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium bitter gourd ampalaya, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or shaoxing cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine beef, soy sauce, cooking wine, Sesame oil, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Add cornstarch to the mixture. Continue to mix until all the ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan or wok. Once the oil gets hot, stir-fry the beef slices for 4 to 6 minutes or until the beef turns brown. Remove the stir fried beef from the pan and place in a clean plate.
- Using the same pan, add the remaining cooking oil. Add the bitter gourd (ampalaya) slices and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the oyster sauce. Continue to stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the stir-fried beef. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with warm rice.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Reply