Ginisang Sayote or Sautéed Chayote is a simple recipe involving one of the members of the gourd family, chayote. The vegetable is sautéed with garlic, onion, and tomato (along with ground pork). It is customarily eaten with steamed white rice.
Chayote dishes are quick to prepare; this is the main reason why it is one of the regular vegetables in my kitchen. Aside from sautéing, you can also use it as an ingredient for chop suey and it can also be substituted for green papaya when cooking tinola.
Are there other dishes that you prepare using this vegetable? Can you tell us what these dishes are and how you prepare them?
Try this Ginisang Sayote Recipe and let me know what you think.
Ginisang Sayote Recipe
- 3 pieces medium chayote peeled, seed removed, and sliced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium sized onion sliced
- 1 medium sized tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomato
- When the tomato becomes soft, add the ground pork and then cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Put-in the chayote. Stir.
- Cover. Let boil and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add salt and ground black pepper. Stir.
- Serve with hot rice. Share and enjoy!
Yum. Such a good recipe! So simple and tasty. We added some shrimp to the
One of my favorite dish..
Awesome, straightforward, no-nonsense blog. Keep it up dude!