Ginataang Alimasag with Sitaw at Kalabasa
Blue crabs cooked in coconut milk with snake beans and calabaza squash.
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: alimasag, crab, ginataan
Servings: 3 people
Author: Vanjo Merano
- 3 pieces crab steamed for 12 minutes
- 40 grams Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix
- 15 pieces snake beans cut into 2-inch pieces
- 12 ounces calabaza squash cubed
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 2 thumbs ginger minced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 1/2 cups water room temperature
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste optional
Heat oil in a pan.
Saute garlic, onion, and ginger until onion turns translucent.
Combine water and Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix. Stir until well blended. Pour mixture into the pan. Let boil.
Add crab and kalabasa. Cover and boil for 5 minutes.
Add snake beans. Continue cooking for 8 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper if desired. Note: this is an optional step.
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 1698mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 5228IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 454mg | Iron: 11mg